Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A funny thing happened at work on Friday...

It just hit me today that I completely spaced and forgot to post the results of my job interview on Friday.  Being that I haven't slit my wrists and am still functioning enough to write should be the clue, I GOT THE JOB!!!!

She told me at the end of my interview that she would text me Friday afternoon, after I told her I had to go to work at 2.  So it gets to be around 4:30 and I'm REALLY starting to sweat.  I decided to bite the bullet and text her.  She wrote back about 20 minutes later that the job was mine if I wanted it.  I started jumping up and down and asked Alisa if it was ok for me to go in the back to call Mom.  My Mommy just cried and cried.  She was so happy for me. As soon as I got off the phone with her, I called my manager and told her when my last day would be.  I had been stressing over how much notice to give.  Earlier that day I had said in passing something about having to reschedule a job interview because I didn't realize I had to work on a certain day, she jerked around and said, "you really need to tell me if you are planning to quit because I don't want to take all that time to train you to do the paperwork if you are just going to leave."  My reply was that she knew I had been looking for a job and going on interviews the whole time I had been there and if it came along, I couldn't pass up dollars more an hour.  That made my decision easy.  I told her I'd work out the schedule we were on and through next weekend, so I gave 11 days notice.  I wanted to be able to have a few days in between.

I am so happy beyond words.  It has made work a lot more tolerable too.  Now I don't have to stress over the bullshit going on at the store and working so hard to make up for the ones that don't do shit.  It's especially easier to deal with the customers, because when they piss me off I don't have to worry about getting in trouble because they were an asshole.  I just give it right back.  Funny thing is, when you have that attitude anyway the stuff doesn't bother you as much. 



1 comment:

Moonbeams and Applesauce said...

Congratulations on the job! I've been checking my email and can't find the message you sent. Here is a second email of mine jaedmonds2@gmail.com. Can't wait to send you the lanterns from the giveaway.